Founded in 2016 by ex-Google, ScoutOut is a Education/HR tech startup that focuses on enabling customers to hire the best candidate as well as to upskill talents in the ecosystem using our expertise in data and technology. We employ several AI and algorithms to deliver meaningful saving and growth to companies, and also to foster career growth for jobseekers. Today ScoutOut has served more than 40,000 organizations and more than 1.8 million job seekers. Now, we are looking for new talents to join our team and take us to the next level.
We are looking for an aspiring data engineer/scientist/analyst to join our family to help us grow to serve 1 million companies. If your strengths are building, learning, analysing, and scaling; have strong collaboration skills; thrive in an agile environment; or an expert at extracting valuable insights from highly complex data sets; we would like to meet you.
- Work with business and marketing team to gain valuable insights for the company
- Design architecture and build data systems to process and deliver real-time data, AI, algorithm features to our users.
- Analyze current data systems for weaknesses and deliver upgrades, especially on scaling.
- Analyze raw data: assessing quality, cleansing, structuring for downstream processing
- Work closely with other data experts to design the best and highly scalable data solutions, considering the business and technical constraints.
- Collaborate with engineering team to bring prototypes to production
- Provide more answers than questions for the team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in engineering or quantitative fields (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.)
- 0 - 4 years of relevant experience
- Deep understanding of how to deliver data products/systems, data architecture, machine-learning, predictive modeling, clustering and classification techniques, algorithms and ready-to-use cloud-based data services
- Fluency in the following programming language and tools: Python, Java, SQL, Jupyter Notebook, Pandas, Spark, Python Frameworks, Kafka and AWS
- Set goals and key performance indicators to measure, track and continuously improve product/system performance
- High level of responsibility and can work independently or in teams
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills